What is DGFEZ?
Daegu-Gyeongbuk Free Economic Zone (DGFEZ) was assigned in May 2008 for the needs to organize the intelligent free economic zone using domestic knowledge-based industries and infrastructures differentiated from the existing free economic zones focusing on the logistics.
- Location : Whole areas of Dong-gu and Suseong-gu in Daegu Metropolitan City; Dalsung-gun, Pohang City, Yeongcheon City, and Gyeongsan City in North Gyeongsang Province
- Size : 8 districts, 18.46㎢(5.59 million Pyoung)
- Goals for attraction by districts
Project District Size Target Businesses Development Status Deagu Deagu Technopolis 7.259㎢ Automobiles（parts）, mechatronics, IT-convergence, green energy under development Sinseo Meditech 1.054㎢ Medical R&D institutions and medical R&D supporting institutions development completed International Fashion 1.176㎢ Fashion, apparel, media, high-tech IT and knowledge industry, public/commercial/residential facilities development completed Suseong Medical 0.976㎢ Specialized hospitals, medical institutions, medical tourism facilities, high-tech IT companies development completed Gyeongbuk Gyeongsan Knowledge Industry 3.823㎢ Machinery parts, green part materials, high-tech medical devices and materials, research and training under development Yeongcheon Industry 1.461㎢ Metal machinery, automobile parts, other manufacturing, mechatronics development completed Yeongcheon High-tech Park 1.222㎢ Smart mobility parts, aviation/automobile interiors, smart wire, harness Establishment of implementation plans Pohang Fusion Tech 1.478㎢ Green energy, bio, medical devices, part materials, foreign educational institutions under development
DGFEZ, a location of sustainable global growth with innovation
Strategies and tasks
- Investment luring and organizing innovative ecosystem
- Acceleration of development for Gyeongja Zone
- Human resources
- Culture industry
- Convenient metropolitan transportation system as a hub of Yeongnam area
- Multiple advanced educational institutions and excellent human resources
- Close to the excellent industrial manufacturing foundations and major industrial cities
- Sufficient resources for history, culture, and tourism in the regions nearby